The Home Builders Association of Fond du Lac and Dodge Counties, Inc. is a locally governed non-profit organization comprised of independent business professionals. Chartered in April of 1966, the association is an active force in the local building industry. Our membership represents those associated with the building industry who have chosen to adhere to the code of ethics of the National Association of Home Builders. Our members, as well as, residents of Fond du Lac and Dodge Counties and surrounding areas, local businesses, government and charitable bodies benefit from the association activities. Our focus is to educate, inform, and promote integrity, professionalism, and careers within the building industry.
The goals of the Association are:
- To maintain the professional image that will attract quality members to our organization
- To achieve high visibility and credibility in our community
- To serve as the resource to address issues affecting the building industry
- To have a positive impact on the economic growth in our community
- To promote and maintain camaraderie, mutual cooperation, and education among our membership and their related businesses
As members in good standing of the Home Builders Association of Fond du Lac & Dodge Counties, Inc., we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its related infrastructure. Basic to these ethical beliefs we support the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill
- To provide the best housing value possible
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service
- To provide housing with high standards of safety, sanitation, and livability
- To meet all financial obligations in a responsible manner
- To comply with the spirit and letter of business contacts, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor
- To keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole
- To comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety, and welfare of the community
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy
- To provide timely responses to items covered under warranty
- To seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism
- To not engage in copyright infringement
- To use construction payouts to promptly pay creditors and not use the funds for other purposes
- To support and abide by the decision of the Association in promoting and enforcing the Code of Ethics
Members assume the responsibilities in this code of Ethics freely and solemnly and are mindful that these responsibilities are a part of their obligation as members of the Home Builders Association of Fond du Lac & Dodge Counties, Inc.
We also believe that home ownership should be within reach of all Americans.
Finally, because we hold inviolate the free enterprise system and American way of life, we pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of inalienable rights and freedoms.